Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful Italian ice cream dessert I discovered when I worked at a banquet hall as a teen. Prep time does not include freezing.
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 4 tablespoons maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 teaspoons whipped cream
- 8 maraschino cherries
- Scoop ice cream into a bowl; stir until smooth but not melted.
- Stir in pecans, chopped cherries, rum extract and vanilla.
- Spoon into foil baking cups; freeze until firm.
- To serve, garnish each with 1 t whipped cream and a cherry.