1/1 Photo of Tortma Stew - My Little Twist on a Traditional Arabic Meal
Cookie Jarvis's Note:
My kids will eat just about any stew I set in front of them as long as it is served on top of rice. I revised an Arabic recipe, normally served as a casserole, to be created totally on the stovetop. It can be served on rice or eaten on a plate using pita bread. Fried eggplant with tomatoey sauce and cinnamon and other spices will please all your senses.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and cut eggplant into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- 2Sprinkle with salt in a colander. Shake to mix.
- 3Wait 10 minutes to 1/2 hour.
- 4Blot eggplant with paper towels.
- 5Fry in oil until soft and golden brown.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Brown ground beef in a large pot.
- 8Add onion and cook until onion is soft.
- 9Add spices and saute a few minutes.
- 10Add fried eggplant, tomatoes, tomato paste and water.
- 11Simmer for 1/2 hour to an hour.
- 12Add more water if necessary.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortma Stew - My Little Twist on a Traditional Arabic Meal
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.8
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 506.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 9.9 g