1 hr 10 mins
Member #610488's Note:
This great make-ahead recipe is from Nani's Cucina Italiana in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. This recipe requires a 9-inch springform pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs green beans, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup ciabatta, crumbs (dry out slices of the bread and pulse in a food processor)
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the green beans and boil just until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the beans, and immediately shock them in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
- 2When the beans are just cool, drain again. Coarsely chop the beans into pieces approximately 1 1/2 inches in length and place in a large bowl.
- 3In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat until hot. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are translucent and begin to color, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 4Stir in the chopped garlic and continue to cook until the onion is caramelized, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and cool slightly, then toss the onions and garlic with the green beans.
- 5Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, Parmigiano-Reggiano, milk, one-fourth teaspoon salt and several grinds of pepper. Stir the egg base in with the beans and onion mixture.
- 6Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-inch springform pan with foil, and grease the foil.
- 7Pour the bean mixture into the pan and sprinkle over the bread crumbs. Bake the tortino until set (it should barely jiggle, and a knife inserted will come out clean), 30 to 40 minutes. Remove and cool the tortino, still in the pan, on a rack.
- 8When the tortino is cool, cover the pan and refrigerate it until chilled (chilling the tortino will make it easier to slice). Serve the sliced tortino cool or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortino Di Fagiolini
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.5
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 120.9 mg
- Sodium 138.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: