Recipe by ~Leslie~
A tortino is like an oven-baked frittata. It is easy to prepare and makes a good supper or lunch dish served on its own. The vegetables used can vary with the seasons. This is another Lucy Waverman recipe from Food and Drink.
Top Review by diner524
This was wonderful and I enjoyed the leeks and zucchini in this egg dish. I cut the recipe in half and the only change I made was to add some ham, as I had some leftover from another dish and it is a very common ingredient in Spain. This was served as a brunch meal and I served it with cantaloupe and blueberry muffins, yummy!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT8.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped leek, white part only
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 8 ounces zucchini, diced in 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 -3 drops hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup grated asiago cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in 9-inch ovenproof skillet, preferably nonstick, on medium heat.
- Add leeks, garlic and zucchini and sauté until vegetables are tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in thyme leaves. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Beat together eggs, cream, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Pour over vegetables. Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle over cheese and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until eggs are set.
- Slide out of skillet, cut into squares and serve either warm or at room temperature.