1/1 Photo of Tortillas With Refried Beans and Bacon
5 hrs 5 mins
weekend cooker's Note:
A different twist to regular tacos.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine beans, water, garlic, tomato juice, and salt in a slow cooker.
- 2Cover, cook on high for 5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 3When beans become soft, drain off some liquid.
- 4While the beans cook,brown bacon in a skillet, drain, and reserve drippings.
- 5Crumble bacon, and add 1/2 of the bacon and 3 tablespoons of the bacon drippings to beans and stir.
- 6When done,Take bean mixture out and place in a bowl, and mash them.
- 7Then fry the mashed bean mixture in the remaining bacon drippings, add more salt to taste if needed.
- 8To serve, sprinkle the remaining bacon and shredded cheese on top of beans.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortillas With Refried Beans and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.3
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 19.2 mg
- Sodium 527.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 7.3 g