Recipe by Boomette
From Coup de Pouce, issue of June 2006. A recipe for the barbecue. In the preparation, there is 30 minutes for refrigeration.
Top Review by dianegrapegrower
So easy and tasty. I made the patties ahead and froze them, so made for a really easy week night meal. I formed the patties into long ovals, making it easier to wrap in a tortilla. We found the portions quite generous - only used 1/2 patty each. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet onions, roughly grated
- 4 flour tortillas, 12-inch, warm
- 2 cups lettuce, cut in fine strips
- 1⁄2 cup guacamole
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix delicately ground turkey, cheese, red bell pepper and onion. Shape in 4 patties of about 1/2 inch thick and put on a baking sheet that has plastic wrap on it. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to let the flavour blend together.
- Put barbecue to medium-high heat. Put turkey patties on greased grill. Close cover of barbecue and cook for 8 minutes or until patties not pink inside. (Flip at mid-cooking).
- Put a tortilla on a working surface. Garnish half of the tortilla with 1/2 cup of lettuce, one turkey patties, 2 tablespoon of guacamole and 1/2 tablespoon of sour cream. Fold the tortilla on the garnish. Prepare 3 more tortillas the same way.