Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe by Rick Bayless
Make and share this Tortillas de Harina recipe from Food.com.
- Measure the flour and fat into the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse and then run the processor until the fat is thoroughly incorporated and no visible particles of fat remain.
- Dissolve the salt in 2/3 cup warm water.
- With the machine running, pour the liquid through the feed tube in a steady stream.
- Continue running until the dough forms a ball.
- If the dough is too stiff, you can add another tablespoon of water and process again.
- Divide the dough into 12 portions and roll each into a ball.
- Let rest on a plate covered with plastic for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat an ungreased griddle or heavy skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out a portion of the dough into an even 7-inch circle or use a tortilla press.
- Lay the tortilla on the hot griddle.
- After 30 to 45 seconds, when there are browned splotches underneath, flip it over.
- bake 30 to 45 seconds more, until the other side is browned; don't overbake the tortillas or it will become crisp.
- Remove and wrap in heavy towel.