Recipe by yooper
A wonderful appetizer or light meal!
Top Review by Ms B.
We were invited to friends' tonight for enchiladas. I took this as an appetizer. I subbed a pre-mixed monterey jack and colby cheese blend for the other cheeses, but otherwise made exactly as stated. I served it with sour cream and my own fresh salsa. I didn't expect the kids to eat it due to the green chilies, but they loved it with sour cream. The adults loved it with everything! Quite an easy and tasty appetizer.
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- sour cream
- picante sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine cheeses and set aside.
- Combine onions and green chilies and set aside.
- Spray 2 8-inch cake pans lightly with vegtable spray or Pam.
- Place 1 tortilla in each pan.
- Spinkle each tortilla with cheese mixture and then onion and green chilie mixture.
- Top with another tortilla; repeat layers until you have 4 layers.
- Spread the butter on top of the last tortilla in each pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool, cut each into wedges to serve.
- Serve with sour cream and your favorite picante sauce.