Recipe by 5thCourse
Roll out your own delicate soft tortilla shells and prepare to impress! These may be a tad time-consuming, but are worth it when you want your Mexican meal to be special. They have a wonderful flavour, too!
Top Review by d.r.mackenzie
These were great and soo easy! It didn't take long at all to whip them up. Try to dust off as much flour as possible before cooking, they tasted a little floury, other than that, better than store bought!
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add shortening, cutting into tiny pieces with pastry blender or fork.
- Add water gradually, stirring, until dough forms ball.
- Divide into 8 balls.
- On floured surface, roll out as thin as you can. Dough may seem slightly elastic, just keep rolling from center outward.
- Heat skillet on medium heat.
- Lightly grease for each tortilla.
- Brown each tortilla briefly on both sides.