Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are a favorite at my husband's office. We love to have them and they get hotter with time. Perfect party food or for a work carry-in.
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 -5 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes or 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 garden salsa pepper (optional)
- chopped lettuce or spinach
- 9 -10 tortillas
- Any hot peppers will do.
- They can either be fresh or dried.
- It tastes good both ways.
- Soften the cream cheese slightly in the microwave 15-30 seconds.
- Mix it all together.
- Spread a layer on about 3/4ths of a tortilla.
- Cover with a little lettuce.
- Roll it up.
- Drink some beer to cool your tongue afterlicking the big chunk of pepper off your finger.
- Stick them in the fridge for about an hour.
- Have a little more beer.
- Take them out and cut them into bite size pieces.
Used these for my 4th of July party. They were a huge hit. They were gone in just minutes. I served with a side of Salsa for dipping. Great Appy for any party!!!
It was great! I made a mild version to take it to our office's St. Patty's get together and it was a success! I combined the lettuce with cilantro, and used green spinach tortillas (because we had to bring green food, of course!)
Well Kimke this is a huge recipe!! I made about a quarter of it. We were looking for something to take to the lake to munch on with wine and beer while we lazed around for the day, these were perfect!! I added just enough heat to make it mandatory to swish some wine or beer, I used cayenne rather than pepper flakes.(Still don't know what you mean by "1 garden salsa pepper", so left it out, it was optional anyway.) I had spinach on hand so we used it, these were just excellent and for any large gathering I will certainly use them as my contribution, very easy to make and I'm sure they would go over big. Thanks for sharing.