Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a recipe from Rachael Ray's magazine. This is actually good for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream or 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 4 slices crusty bread
- 2 tomatoes
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the potatoes, season with salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened but not brown, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler.
- Whisk together the eggs and cream and season with salt.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook until firm around the edges. Place the skillet under the broiler and cook until the top is firm and golden. Set aside to cool.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and toast them, turning once, under the broiler.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, then squish and rub their guts all over the bread (rachael ray's words). Drizzle the bread with olive oil and season with salt.
- Slide the tortilla onto a cutting board and cut into 4 wedges.
- Serve with the tomato toasts.