Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tortilla con Alcachofas- A spanish egg dish adapted from "Cooking from the Heart of Spain" Posted for ZWT5
- In a medium skillet, heat the 1/4 cup of oil. Add the onion and garlic, and saute until softened.
- Add the artichoke hearts and suate for 10 minutes.
- Add the ham, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 8 - 10 minutes, until the artichokes are fork tender.
- Beat the eggs with 1/2 teaspoon salt and the chopped parsley.
- Add the cooked artichokes to the eggs.
- Add a tablspoon of oil to the empty skillet, the pour in the egg mixture.
- Cook, without stirring, over medium low heat until the eggs are almost set, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Cover with a plate that is slightly larger than the skillet, and carefully flip the pan over to place the tortilla, cooked side up, on the plate.
- Slide the tortill of the plate, back into the pan and place back on the heat to finish cooking the other side, about 3 - 4 minutes.
- When the bottom is set, slide the tortilla onto a clean serving plate.
- Cut into wedges, and serve either hot or at room temperature.