Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a full English brreakfast version of the classic Spanish omelet conveniently cooked in one pan.
- Boil the potatoes in a salted water for 7-8 mins until just tender, drain and set aside.
- Heat1 tbs of the oil in a large (9in) non stick frying pan, add the sausage quarters and fry for 2 mins, turning until golden.
- Transfer sausages to a plate and fry the bacon pieces for 1 min on each side. Set aside with the sausages.
- Add the remaining oil and half the butter to the pan, add the potatoes and fry for 5-6 minutes until crisp and golden. Season and set aside.
- Place the rest of the butter in the pan with the mushrooms and some seasoning and fry for 1 minute.
- Return the sausages, bacon and potatoes to the pan and arrange them over the base so that eventually, every slice will get a bit of everything.
- Beat the eggs with same salt and pepper and pour into the pan. Cook on a low heat for 15 mins until almost set.
- Preheat the broiler to medium-high.
- Season the tomato wedges with a little salt and pepper and arrange them over the top of the tortilla.
- Slide the pan under the broiler for 2-3 mins until the tortilla is sllightly browned and the tomatoes are hot. Serve cut into wedges.