Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tasty meal to throw together to use leftover veggies. It makes a great lunch, dinner or even a snack. You can use different veggies to your liking. This recipe is for 2 melts, but you can adjust for more servings.
- 2 wheat flour tortillas
- 236.59 ml shredded lettuce
- 1 medium shredded carrot
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese (or any kind you like)
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce (Use vegetarian version to make this recipe suitable for vegetarians.)
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium/high heat.
- Add carrot, onion, tomato, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and salt-n-pepper to taste. Cook until onion is almost translucent, then add lettuce.
- Steam warm tortillas in the microwave, or just have at room temperature.
- Keep stirring, and when vegetables are tender, divide into two equal portions, and place shredded cheese over each portion.
- Get warm plate ready with tortillas.
- When cheese is melted over veggies, use spatula and lift each half portion in middle of tortilla.
- Fold sandwich as you wish and enjoy!
Very good! My picture wasn't as good as the others, so I didn't post it:) I loved the skight crunch, I'll make these again and again! In memory of VickyJ
Made this for the Cook-a-Thon in memory of VickyJ and this is such an easy and delicious meal. You can do almost anything to it. I subbed spinach for the lettuce (that is what I had) and followed the rest of the instructions. I will make this again for a quick meal that I really enjoyed.
This recipe met everything I was looking for: easy, healthy, and really tasty! I added lots of mushrooms and took the tip to use spinach instead of lettuce. I think I'll be making this recipe often, especially when I have lots of leftover veggies and am short on time. Thanks!!