Recipe by VickyJ
A tasty meal to throw together to use leftover veggies. It makes a great lunch, dinner or even a snack. You can use different veggies to your liking. This recipe is for 2 melts, but you can adjust for more servings.
- 2 wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium shredded carrot
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or any kind you like)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (Use vegetarian version to make this recipe suitable for vegetarians.)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium/high heat.
- Add carrot, onion, tomato, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and salt-n-pepper to taste. Cook until onion is almost translucent, then add lettuce.
- Steam warm tortillas in the microwave, or just have at room temperature.
- Keep stirring, and when vegetables are tender, divide into two equal portions, and place shredded cheese over each portion.
- Get warm plate ready with tortillas.
- When cheese is melted over veggies, use spatula and lift each half portion in middle of tortilla.
- Fold sandwich as you wish and enjoy!