1/2 Photos of Tortilla Tomato Soup
Vicki in CT's Note:
This smooth soup is big on flavor! Low fat, low carbs, but you would never know it! Can substitute vegetable stock to make it vegetarian.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute tomatoes, onion, tortillas, jalapenos, cilantro in olive oil in heavy pot. Cook until tortillas and tomatoes are soft.
- 2Add chicken stock and seasonings. Bring to boil and reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3Pureee soup in small batches using either a blender or imulsion type tool in the pan. Strain.
- 4Pour back in pan and reheat.
- 5Serve with crispy tortilla strips, sliced avacado, grated cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortilla Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.3
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 355.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 7.8 g