Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Bite-size Spanish omelettes, great for parties. Baking them in the oven reduces the fat content.
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large red peppers, quartered, seeded and thinly sliced
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2.46 ml dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 59.14 ml flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to fan 180C/ conventional 200C/gas 6. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a pan. Tip in onion and potatoes and fry gently for 20 minutes until the potatoes are tender, turning frequently, adding garlic and peppers for the last 5 minutes. Tip into a large bowl, season and cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the eggs, chili flakes and parsley. Leave to sit for 5 minutes, then put a nonstick 20cm square tin in the oven to heat up. After 5 minutes, remove tin and brush with oil. pour in the egg mixture and return to oven.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes. (Check it's ready by pressing the top lightly. If it is still runny, return to the oven for a couple of minutes.) Once cooked, remove and leave to cool for 5 minutes, then turn out on to a board. Cut into squares and serve.
- To make ahead do as above then just before your guests arrive, cut the tortilla into squares, put on a baking sheet, cover with foil and warm through at fan 160C/ conventional 180C/gas 4 for 10-15 minutes, or serve cold.
I made these for my daughters graduation party along with several other Tapas. They were the only tapas that were not devoured. Served hot or cold they just didn't have much flavor.
Very good. A bland food - but a great recipe for tortilla tapas. I used green peppers instead of red (that's what I had in my garden). My oven took about 20 minutes longer to cook than the recipe called for. I paired these with two dips: Garlic Mayonnaise Dip & Avocado Hummus. Very nice tapas. Thank you for the recipe.