Recipe by cookiedog
These can be made up to 5 days in advance. Store in an airtight container with wax paper in between layers. They will brighten up any cocktail party or appetizer table! You will need 3 in. and 2 in. star cookie cutters.
Top Review by twissis
I was in the mood to play & these babies were a heckuva lot of fun to make! My STARS had a strange look tho, but it was likely due to the ROUND cookie cutters I used! I revisited ZWT mode & made a Tex-Mex version w/taco seasoning & the US east coast version using Old Bay Seasoning. Then I hopped a plane to Europe & made the Czech version using caraway seeds & ended my journey in Italy w/2 versions starring garlic & mixed Italian herbs. I took a little nap & awoke at home again, so I made the Icelandic sweet tooth version. I ditched the cheese & used sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg! Travel can be so exhausting & it was good to be home again. Thx for a fun day!
- 8 burrito-size flour tortillas (eight-inch)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- fennel or caraway seeds or poppy seeds or sesame seeds or lemon-pepper seasoning or paprika or curry powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oven rack in middle position. Heat to 400°F Coat baking sheet(s) with non-stick cooking spray. Have ready 3 inch and 2 inch star cookie cutters.
- Working with 1 tortilla at a time, brush one side with butter; sprinkle with cheese. Gently press to adhere. Turn tortilla over, brush with egg white and sprinkle with 2 to 2 1/2 teaspoons of a topping.
- Cut 3 inch stars from edge of tortilla, 2 inch stars from center (bake scraps for snacks). Place cheese side down on baking sheet(s).
- Bake on middle oven rack 6 to 8 minutes until light golden and crisp.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.