Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a good, quick mexican recipe that I enjoy making and is soooo good. I take this to pot luck dinners and it always goes over well.
- Combine beef and onion, brown and drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, chili mix and olives.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Layer tortillas, meat sauce and cheese in at least a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Top with olives and cheese.
- Coover and heat in oven at 350 degrees to melt cheese.
A max of twenty minutes should heat it all the way through since it is warm to begin with. Hope that helps. This sounds very simple that a beginner cook could make successfully.
A suggestion of how long to put the casserole in the oven would be helpful.