Recipe by Huskergirl
WW points: 2 Toasted tortilla strips add crunch to this classic Mexican soup. (Note: Create your own version of this soup by adding cooked, cubed chicken breasts, diced cucumbers, cilantro or fat-free sour cream. Just remember to calculate the points.)
- 2 (6 inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 46 ounces spicy hot V8
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Spread tortilla strips on a nonstick baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 10 to 12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add onion and cook over low heat until soft, about 5 minutes, adding a little water if onion sticks. Stir in chili powder and cumin; cook 1 minute more.
- Transfer onions to a large bowl and stir in vegetable juice and vinegar.
- Ladle soup into 4 bowls and serve with tortilla strips.