Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple and made with pantry staples. A Great homemade last minute meal. Also a good way to use up the bottom of the bag crushed tortilla chips.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 29 ounces tomatoes, diced in juice (2 cans)
- 30 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained (2 cans or cooked from dry)
- 15 ounces chicken stock
- 10 ounces corn kernels (frozen good)
- coarse salt
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed (plus some for serving if you want)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (plus wedges to serve is nice)
- Heat oil over medium. Cook garlic, chili powder and cumin til fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes with juice, beans, brother, corn, stock and 1 cup water.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer.
- Add tortilla chips and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.
- Season again with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with lime wedges and tortilla chips.