Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup water
- 1 jalapeno chile (whole remove after simmering omit if you don't want it spicy)
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (or mild cheddar)
- chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in a large pot, add celery, onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is cooked.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 30-40 minutes.
- Place tortilla chips in the bottom of the bowls, top with cilantro and shredded cheese.
- I also sometimes add: a grated carrot, some zucchini, sliced cabbage, chicken, avocado pieces in the bowls.
- Makes 4 large bowls.