1/3 Photos of Tortilla Soup
Tortilla soup has become a staple for Tex Mex restaurants. It is a great way to begin a meal, or to serve as a main dish with the addition of rice and meat. The tortilla soup at Qdoba has earned a reputation for being a perfect fit for a Craft 2 combination, the foundation of our Mexican Gumbo, or as a belly-warming midday meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup poblano pepper, diced into half-inch pieces
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons jalapenos, seeds and ribs removed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, ground
- 2 cups fire-roasted tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato, crushed
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt (to taste)
- 1In a 2 quart saucepot over medium heat add oil, onions, and poblanos and cook for 5 minutes.
- 2Add garlic, jalapeno, cumin and chili powder and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- 3In blender, place broth and tortillas, and puree until just about smooth.
- 4Add blended mixture to pot along with fire roasted tomatoes and crushed tomatoes, bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes on medium-low heat. Season to taste and serve with garnish.
- 6Try out the Qdoba Chefs’ recommended garnishes: 1 tbs. tortilla chips, crushed; 1 tbs. zucchini, diced in ½” pieces; 2 avocados, thinly sliced; 1 tsp fresh cilantro, roughly chopped.
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.8
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 704.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: