Recipe by Amber 505
This is a great recipe. It can be made with chicken stock or vegtable stock. I serve this with my Mexican Ceasar Salad.... Yum!
- 7 cups chicken broth or 7 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium onion, rough chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 potato, cubed
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 tomatoes, cubed
- 1 cup jack cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stock pot heat Broth, onion, carrots, bell pepper, potato, tomato paste, bay leaf, garlic, dried cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add zucchini and tomato to pot and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf, reduce heat and add jack cheese.
- Slice tortillas into 1/4 inch strips and fry in oil.
- Garnish with jack cheese, avocado slices and tortilla strips.