Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in a book called "Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook" and I have not tried it yet, but I'm trying to get some stuff up here before I have to return the book. So if anyone tries it and has any comments, let me know. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 (4 ounce) jarsliced pimientos
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 (13 3/4 fluid ounce) cans chicken broth or 2 (13 3/4 fluid ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can sweet whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 cups coarsely broken tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (4 oz) or 1 cup cheddar cheese (4 oz) or 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese (4 oz)
- Drain pimientos, reserving liquid.
- In medium saucepan, over medium-high heat, cook onion and cumin in margarine for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in reserved pimiento liquid, broth, corn and parsley.
- Heat to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange tortilla chips, cheese and pimientos in individual serving bowls.
- Ladle hot soup into bowls.
- Serve immediately.