PSU Lioness's Note:
I found this recipe in a book called "Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook" and I have not tried it yet, but I'm trying to get some stuff up here before I have to return the book. So if anyone tries it and has any comments, let me know. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced pimientos
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 (13 3/4 fluid ounce) cans chicken broth or 2 (13 3/4 fluid ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can sweet whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 cups coarsely broken tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (4 oz) or 1 cup cheddar cheese (4 oz) or 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese (4 oz)
- 1Drain pimientos, reserving liquid.
- 2In medium saucepan, over medium-high heat, cook onion and cumin in margarine for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Stir in reserved pimiento liquid, broth, corn and parsley.
- 4Heat to a boil; reduce heat.
- 5Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, arrange tortilla chips, cheese and pimientos in individual serving bowls.
- 7Ladle hot soup into bowls.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.9
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 16.7 mg
- Sodium 653.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 8.9 g