- 1 dozen tortilla, cut in 1/4 inch strips
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups red enchilada sauce
- 2 pints chicken broth
Garnish with your choice
- monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- sour cream
- fried corn tortilla strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry tortillas in hot (425 degree) oil until hardened, but not browned.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Saute onion and garlic in hot oil until softened.
- Add broth and enchilada sauce and cook over medium heat for three minutes.
- To serve, place tortilla strips in bottom of bowl, ladle soup over strips and garnish as preferred.