Recipe by chick256
Flour Tortillas make these no-cook, make ahead appetizers so easy to prepare. Try using other vegetable combinations: bean sprouts, chopped red or green peppers, or shredded bok choy. For convenience try pre-shredded coleslaw to use in place of cabbage and carrots. These rolls make a great vegetarian lunch.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped water chestnut (optional)
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 6 (7 inch) soft flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl combine cabbage, carrots, water chestnuts and green onions; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine plum sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Spread 1 tsp of plum sauce mixture on each tortills.
- Add remaining sauce to cabbage mixture and stir well.
- Spoon cabbage mixture on prepared tortillas to within 1/2" of edge; roll up and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Just before serving cut each tortilla roll diagonally into 4 pieces.