Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
These are a very simple and pretty appetizer to make for any occasion! They are a great appetizer to prepare in advance.
- 5 large flour tortillas
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped--stems and all
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies, drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 dash hot sauce
- Have tortillas at room temperature.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a bowl and, with an electric mixer, combine all until well distributed.
- Spread mixture fairly thinly and evenly on tortillas to within 1/8 inch of edge.
- Roll up jelly-roll fashion and wrap each tortilla in plastic film.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, slice in 3/4 inch rounds and arrange on serving plate.
- Serve with salsa.
- Note: tortillas will tend to dry out if rolls are unwrapped and sliced too early.
- Cook time is chilling time.
These are great! Tortilla pinwheels are probably my favorite appetizer, but I hadn't tried them with green onions yet - nice touch! I used fat free tortillas and low fat sour cream and cream cheese. I just had one that had chilled for about 30 minutes, and it was fabulous - but I know they will just get EVEN better! :) Thanks for sharing.
Easy & yummy. I made these to take to a last-minute work potluck. I didn't have any green onions & I added a couple of dashes of taco seasonings. That's what I love about pinwheels - so versatile! I added everything but the cheese to my mixer and then folded in the cheese. I used burrito-size tortillas, and the filling was enough for 6 tortillas. I refrigerated overnight as directed and served with salsa for dipping -- and came home with an empty plate. :)
Yummy! I had a few, then chilled the rest. They were even better later! Made for ZWT3! Thanks Little Bee!