Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Guacamole is easy to make and cheaper than storebought versions. If you are short of time use a good quality bought version.
- 8 tortillas
- 2 ripe avocados, stoned and peeled
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 red chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, diced
- 50 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 142 ml sour cream
- Heat oven to 180°C Place tortilla on a plate and cover with foil. Warm in oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile mash the avocado, garlic, lemon juice, chilli and seasoning (if desired) in a bowl. Stir in half the onion and the tomatoes.
- Place a tortilla on a table and spread the guacamole over half the area. Sprinkle over 2 tbsp of the cheese. Roll up like sushi and cut into six rolls.
- Discard end sections into the chefs stomach and arrange the remaining on a plate. cut side up.
- Fill the rest of the tortillas in the same way.
- Top each roll with 1/2 tsp sour cream and a slice of the remaining onion.