1/1 Photo of Tortilla Pie
Recipe from Super Food Ideas magazine (Feb 2008 issue)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped (sweet red bell pepper)
- 125 g corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons Mexican chili powder
- 415 g diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup torn fresh coriander leaves (cilantro leaves)
- 4 salsa-flavoured tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 large tomato, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- 3Reserve 2 tablespoons onion. Add garlic and remaining onion to pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft.
- 4Add mince. Cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for 8 minutes or until browned.
- 5Add capsicum, corn and chilli powder. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until capsicum is just tender.
- 6Stir in diced tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mixture is thick.
- 7Add half the coriander(cilantro). Season with salt. Stir to combine.
- 8Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- 9Place a 6cm-deep, 20cm round springform pan on a baking tray.
- 10Place 1 tortilla in base of pan.
- 11Spread one-third of the mince mixture over tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of cheese.
- 12Repeat layers twice with remaining tortillas, mince mixture and cheese, finishing with 1 tortilla.
- 13Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 14Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden. Set aside for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- 15Meanwhile, combine chopped tomato, reserved onion and coriander in a bowl. Serve pie with tomato mixture.
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortilla Pie
Serving Size: 1 (511 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 835.8
- Calories from Fat 430
- Total Fat 47.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 133.2 mg
- Sodium 827.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 41.9 g