Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yet another in my recipe box from Light and Tasty. One serving: One piece Calories: 250
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced Italian tomatoes, drained or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons cilantro.
- Place one tortilla in a 9-in. round baking pan coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the meat sauce, one tortilla, all of the ricotta mixture, another tortilla and the remaining meat sauce. Top with remaining tortilla; sprinkle with cheddar cheese and remaining cilantro.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
We loved this and didn't think it tasted like lasagna at all. I did use Mexican tomatoes so it tasted like a yummy Mexican casserole. I added a touch of cheese on top of the last meat layer to help hold the final tortilla in place like Roxygirl suggested and it worked great. I served a side of shredded lettuce with some sour cream and salsa on the side. We had leftovers for lunch today and it heats up well. Thanks for posting. :)
It does taste just like lasagna..yummy! I liked it better though because everytime I make lasagna the noodles always get hard when I bake them, grrrrrr lol We all really enjoyed this. Thank you for posting =)
The photo DEFINATELY caught my eye too! FANTASTIC, tastes like lasagna, TRUE! Rocotta layer was such a treat, This recipe cannot be beat! SO simple, eay to do, DELISH!!! A definate keeper here, TRUE! Thanks!