Recipe by seesko
Yet another in my recipe box from Light and Tasty. One serving: One piece Calories: 250
Top Review by teresas
We loved this and didn't think it tasted like lasagna at all. I did use Mexican tomatoes so it tasted like a yummy Mexican casserole. I added a touch of cheese on top of the last meat layer to help hold the final tortilla in place like Roxygirl suggested and it worked great. I served a side of shredded lettuce with some sour cream and salsa on the side. We had leftovers for lunch today and it heats up well. Thanks for posting. :)
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced Italian tomatoes, drained or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons cilantro.
- Place one tortilla in a 9-in. round baking pan coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the meat sauce, one tortilla, all of the ricotta mixture, another tortilla and the remaining meat sauce. Top with remaining tortilla; sprinkle with cheddar cheese and remaining cilantro.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.