1/5 Photos of Tortilla Pie
This came from Light and Tasty magazine. It looks so yummy! ZWT 3: Mexican or Italian, depending on tomatoes and seasonings used
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes, drained or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided or 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1In a nonstick skillet, cook beef with onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2Stir in tomatoes, chili powder and cumin.
- 3Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- 4In a bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella and 2 tbsp cilantro (or parsley.
- 5Place 1 tortilla in a greased 9 inch round cake pan. Layer with half of the meat sauce, 1 tortilla, all of the ricotta mixture, another tortilla and the remaining meat sauce.
- 6Top with remaining tortilla, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and remaining cilantro (or parsley).
- 7Cover and bake at 400 F for 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortilla Pie
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.5
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 1043.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 29.1 g