1/3 Photos of Tortilla Pie
Once again I was cleaning out my fridge and came up with this recipe just by adding a few extra ingredients -I say in the recipe to use lite Danbo Cheese and lite Mozzarella but use the cheese of your choice. Use the tortillas of your choice too. This recipe would go well on a Brunch buffet or serve for a luncheon with a lite green salad. I had it for dinner with refried beans on the side. Make ahead, store in the fridge until 45 minutes before serving or bake it right away. The number of servings depends on the size of your appetite and whether it is the main dinner course or a side dish. Make it as hot or as mild as you like. The meat depends on what you have in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (30 inch) garden vegetable tortillas
- 113.39 g stir-fry beef, pan seared, chopped into 1/2 pieces or 1/4 lb left over roast beef chopped into 1/2 pieces or 113.39 g left over chicken, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 213 ml can of hot & spicy pizza sauce or 236.59 ml salsa
- 2 garlic cloves, Chopped fine
- 177.44 ml onion, chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 118.29 ml mushroom, sliced
- 4.92 ml chili flakes (optional)
- 177.44 ml light danbo cheese, shredded
- 118.29 ml lite mozzarella cheese, Shredded
- 29.58 ml black olives, sliced
- salt & pepper
- sour cream (optional)
- 1Pour 1/3 of the pizza sauce in the bottom of a pie plate, spread it evenly.
- 2Top with a tortilla.
- 3Add meat , garlic, chili flakes and onions top with 1/3 of the pizza sauce.
- 4Add a tortilla.
- 5Place 2 sliced tomatoes on the tortillas and the mushrooms.
- 6Top with 3rd tortilla.
- 7Pour over the remaining sauce,Top with remaining tomato.
- 8Add cheeses, decorate with the sliced olives.
- 9Bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes covered.
- 10Remove cover and finish baking for another 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
- 11Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- 12Cut into 4 wedges.
- 13Serve with sour cream (Optional).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortilla Pie
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.2
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 295.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garden vegetable tortillas
light danbo cheese