Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Once again I was cleaning out my fridge and came up with this recipe just by adding a few extra ingredients -I say in the recipe to use lite Danbo Cheese and lite Mozzarella but use the cheese of your choice. Use the tortillas of your choice too. This recipe would go well on a Brunch buffet or serve for a luncheon with a lite green salad. I had it for dinner with refried beans on the side. Make ahead, store in the fridge until 45 minutes before serving or bake it right away. The number of servings depends on the size of your appetite and whether it is the main dinner course or a side dish. Make it as hot or as mild as you like. The meat depends on what you have in the fridge.
- 3 (10 inch) garden vegetable tortillas
- 1⁄4 lb stir-fry beef, pan seared, chopped into 1/2 pieces or 1/4 lb left over roast beef chopped into 1/2 pieces or 1⁄4 lb left over chicken, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (213 ml) canof hot & spicy pizza sauce or 1 cup salsa
- 2 garlic cloves, Chopped fine
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup light danbo cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup lite mozzarella cheese, Shredded
- 2 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- salt & pepper
- sour cream (optional)
- Pour 1/3 of the pizza sauce in the bottom of a pie plate, spread it evenly.
- Top with a tortilla.
- Add meat , garlic, chili flakes and onions top with 1/3 of the pizza sauce.
- Add a tortilla.
- Place 2 sliced tomatoes on the tortillas and the mushrooms.
- Top with 3rd tortilla.
- Pour over the remaining sauce,Top with remaining tomato.
- Add cheeses, decorate with the sliced olives.
- Bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes covered.
- Remove cover and finish baking for another 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut into 4 wedges.
- Serve with sour cream (Optional).
Delicious! My DH and I both loved this. I made it almost exactly as stated, with a few minor changes- I only had mozzarella cheese, I used plain flour tortillas, and I added some Italian seasoning & parsley to the top before baking. I served this with breadsticks for supper tonight. This is a definite keeper- thanks, Bergy!