1/1 Photo of Tortilla/Parmesan-Crusted Chicken for Two
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is something I created when I saw what was left from a bag of corn tortilla chips. Instead of throwing them out, I put them to good use, and I'm glad I did. This added a crunchy coating to chicken breasts, while the inside was nice and moist. You don't have to use corn tortillas if you don't want to. Use any style tortilla chip, or make your own. I've seen fish covered with a tortilla crust, but never chicken. Some call for eggs, flour, etc, but I just used Italian dressing for a marinade, and that was enough moisture to allow the chip mixture to stick. It also cut down on calories, because I used fat-free dressing. If you must use eggs, that's fine too. Play around with it, until you get what you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons fat-free Italian salad dressing (or regular, homemade if you wish)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1For marinade: Combine dressing and garlic in a zip bag with chicken.
- 2Blend marinade and chicken by rolling bag around in between both hands.
- 3Let it marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator, but it's much better longer.
- 4Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 5Line sheet pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- 6In a large zip bag, combine crushed chips, parmesan cheese, basil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- 7Pour half tortilla mixture out onto a paper plate for first chicken breast. Take first piece of chicken from the marinade bag, and coat both sides with mixture, pressing it into the meat. Place coated chicken breast on lined/treated sheet pan.
- 8Repeat above step with other breast.
- 9Cover loosely with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate for 5-10 minute.
- 10Bake for 30-45 min or until chicken is cooked through.
- 11Coating should be golden brown and juices run clear.
- 12This would be good served with a tossed, potato or macaroni salad, potato side dish, sliced over a salad, steamed vegetables, etc.
- 13Note: Preparation time includes time to marinate.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortilla/Parmesan-Crusted Chicken for Two
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.6
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 70.9 mg
- Sodium 273.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 28.4 g