Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This omelet makes an exceptional hearty breakfast or lunch. Serve with salsa or avocados and tomatoes tossed with lime juice.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half or 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper
- 1 10-inch flour tortilla
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup cooked ham, diced
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons scallions, diced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, seeded,diced
- salsa or avocado-tomato relish (optional)
- Whip eggs, liquid and seasonings.
- Warm tortillas in skillet; set aside.
- Melt butter in a 10" non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over high heat.
- Heat until bubbly.
- Pour in egg mixture.
- Pull eggs toward the center from each side.
- Remove from heat when eggs no longer run but are still quite moist.
- Top with filling ingredients, sprinkling them over entire omelet.
- Slide omlet onto warmed tortilla.
- to roll, first fold bottom edge of tortilla up 1", then fold sides in 1".
- Begin rolling, ending seam side down.
- Let rest for 1 minute, then cut omelet in half.
- Cut and serve with salsa or avocado-tomato relish.
- Note: To make avocado-tomato relish, combine diced avocados& tomatoes with fresh lime juice.
- Makes 1 omlet.
This is MY KINDA meal! This was absolutely fabulous! I have to admit I left the ham out, but other than that I didnt do anything different. THis made for one fabulous meal. Thanks a lot. Fabulous flavors! THanks Bev!!!
We've made this a couple times & really enjoy it. Normally I sub yogurt for the cream, sometimes even use cottage cheese. Increased the ham abit & placed the open tortilla under the broiler for 1 - 2 mins.. We cook with avocados quite abit so we love the avocado-tomato relish. I prefer to add the relish inside the tortilla roll & then salsa on top afterwards. For us, 1 tortilla will feed 2 of us as a filling breakfast or brunch meal. Awesome recipe, thanks for sharing.
Well, I made this on the spur of the moment with what I had in the kitchen, which meant green bell peppers and a monterey jack-cheddar blend and omitting the ham. I did throw some "bacon bits" into the eggs for a bit of a meat taste and I topped it with Newman's Own brand salsa. Absolutely satisfying and delicious!