Recipe by GinnyP
Serve with salsa and sour cream and a side salad. :)
Top Review by Jadelabyrinth
We liked this quite a bit. I left out the olives, used whole wheat tortillas, and fat free refried beans and cheese. I only made half the recipe in a 8-inch sq pan and we still got 4 servings out of it, this is definitely going to get made again, thanks!
- 1 (24 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (1 lb) can refried beans
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (1 lb) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chilies, drained
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas, cut into quarters
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with oil.
- Spread 1/4 cup tomato sauce on bottom of pan.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining tomato sauce with onion, refried beans, vinegar, oregano, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Then layer in the following order: 1/3 of the tortillas, 1/3 of the sauce mixture, 1/3 of the cheese, 1/3 of the tortillas, 1/3 of the sauce mixture, all of the black beans, all of the olives, all of the green chiles, remaining tortillas, remaining sauce mixture, remaining cheese.
- Cover tightly and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes more.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.