Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Serve with salsa and sour cream and a side salad. :)
- 1 (24 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (1 lb) can refried beans
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (1 lb) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chilies, drained
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas, cut into quarters
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with oil.
- Spread 1/4 cup tomato sauce on bottom of pan.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining tomato sauce with onion, refried beans, vinegar, oregano, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Then layer in the following order: 1/3 of the tortillas, 1/3 of the sauce mixture, 1/3 of the cheese, 1/3 of the tortillas, 1/3 of the sauce mixture, all of the black beans, all of the olives, all of the green chiles, remaining tortillas, remaining sauce mixture, remaining cheese.
- Cover tightly and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes more.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
We liked this quite a bit. I left out the olives, used whole wheat tortillas, and fat free refried beans and cheese. I only made half the recipe in a 8-inch sq pan and we still got 4 servings out of it, this is definitely going to get made again, thanks!
This was very good. I was leary because my family won't hardley eat anything that doesnt have meat. They ate the entire thing! Thanks Ginny, will make again
This is pretty good. My family liked it fairly well - we will be having it again. Thanks Ginny P.