Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (1 1/4 lb) package ground turkey or 1 (1 1/4 lb) package chicken or 1 (1 1/4 lb) package ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped (1 small)
- 1 1⁄2 green bell peppers, chopped (2 small) or 1 1⁄2 red bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup green chili, diced (4- ounce can)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (1.25)
- 2 cups taco sauce, divided (16 ounce jar)
- 1 package soft taco-size flour tortillas, divided (-10)
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded, divided (8 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add meat; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until no longer pink: drain.
- Stir in onion, bell peppers, chilies and seasoning mix.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are slightly tender.
- Spread 1/ 2 cup of taco sauce over bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Cover with 5 tortillas.
- Spread with half of meat mixture a nd 1/ 2 cup taco sauce. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
The Tortilla Lasagna was an excellent dish to make! It was even better with sour cream and black olives on top.