Recipe by Montana Heart Song
I was tired of buying expensive scalloped edge tortilla bowls for salads. I decided to buy or make tortilla and form my own shells. So easy you would believe it!
Top Review by jwilliams
I wanted a quick, easy shell for taco salad. Wow! This was so easy and great tasting too. All my guests raved about the great texture and crunch of the shell. Thank you so much!
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven 350*.
- One flat baking tray.
- Grease 6 oven proof soup or popcorn bowls on the inside, Reserve 7th bowl.
- Place each tortilla inside greased bowl.
- Stack filled bowls inside of each other.
- Place the 7th empty bowl inside of the 6th bowl.
- Place a weight inside the bowl that is heat resistant.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven. Do not move the bowls.
- Let them cool down. Then remove the bowls.
- Put plastic wrap in between.
- If you form homemade tortillas, bake a little longer to form the shells. It seems they have more moisture in them.
- Make only 6 at each time.