1/2 Photos of Tortilla Espanola (Spanish Omelet)
Karen From Colorado's Note:
In Mexico, the word tortilla has two meanings. One is the more familar corn or flour flat bread, and the other means omelet. Serve this omelet with a stack of the former, warmed in the oven while the omelet cooks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine potatoes, onion, the 3/4 teaspoon salt, crushed chilies and ham.
- 2Heat oil in a 10 inch ovenware skillet.
- 3Add potatoe and ham mixture to skillet.
- 4Cover and cook over med heat 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 5Combine eggs, milk, 1/2 t. salt and pepper.
- 6Pour over potatoes and ham in skillet.
- 7Reduce heat and cook over low heat 8 to 10 minutes or until eggs are nearly set.
- 8Uncover skillet and place under broiler 3 to 4 inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes or just until top is set.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortilla Espanola (Spanish Omelet)
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.2
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 351.8 mg
- Sodium 873.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 23.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried chile pequins