Chef #828223's Note:
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. A Spanish tortilla is basically an omelet with potatoes and onions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Heat the oil in an 8-9" skillet. Add potatoes and onion. Season with salt. Cook until all is tender, but not brown, lifting and turning.
- 22. In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a fork until foamy.
- 33.Remove potatoes from skillet and drain in a colander. Reserve 3 tablespoons oil. Add the potatoes to the eggs, pressing until completely covered. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 44. Heat 2 tablespoons of reserved oil in skillet until very hot. Add the potato and egg mixture, rapidly spreading it with a pancake turner. Lower heat to medium high andj brown, shaking the pan to prevent sticking. When potatoes start to brown underneath, invert a plate over the skillet and flip the omelet onto the plate.
- 55. Add 1 tablespoons oil to the pan and slide the omelet back into the skillet to brown the other side. Lower heat to medium and continue cooking, flipping the omelet again until cooked evenly on both sides.
- 66. Transfer to a platter and serve warm. Cut in wedges.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortilla Espanola #SP5
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.2
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 124.0 mg
- Sodium 242.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: