This is a traditional Spanish recipe and is served not only as a dinner dish but as an appetizer as well. You will frequently find it in Tapa bars. As an appetizer it would be cut into 16 pieces. Serve warm or room temperature
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb potato, unpeeled but well scrubbed,boiled but firm & cooked
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 5 whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup old cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Cut the cooked cooled potatoes in half lengthwise then across into 1/4" half rounds
- 2In an ovenproof frypan heat oil (medium heat) for 1 minute add salt& pepper, then the sliced potatoes, onion& red pepper, saute for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are brown
- 3Preheat the broiler, and beat together the eggs, water, flour& paprika.
- 4Add garlic& oregano to the fry pan for 1 minute- toss as cooking. Pour in the egg mixture and distribute the eggs evenly over the veggies.
- 5Allow to cook for one minute or until the eggs just start to set.
- 6Sprinkle the omelette with the cheeses and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- 7Place under the broiler to melt the cheeses completely and finish the eggs setting (2 minutes) Remove from the broiler and allow to sit for 2 minutes.
- 8Slide the flat omelette off the pan onto a plate.
- 9Cut into 4 pieces& serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortilla Espagnola (Potato Omelette)
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.3
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 258.5 mg
- Sodium 262.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 16.8 g