Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
An authentic, delicious egg dish given to me by the Spanish teacher at my school.
- 1 lb potato, cut in small cubes (I make thick slices)
- 1 -2 onion, chopped
- 6 beaten eggs
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil (you can use other, but olive oil is best)
- Fry the potatoes and onions in the oil until starting to turn golden brown, then remove from the pan and drain well to remove the excess oil. Once the potato and onion mixture cool,.
- Add to the beaten and seasoned eggs and mix well.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and add the egg/potato mixture, swirling slightly and cook over a low to moderate heat, until the bottom is quite firm and starts to brown.
- Turn the omelet over (place a large plate over the pan, hold the plate firmly in place and turn the whole lot over. Quickly slide the omelet back into the pan and continue cooking). And allow to cook on the other side. Remove from the pan and serve.