An authentic, delicious egg dish given to me by the Spanish teacher at my school.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry the potatoes and onions in the oil until starting to turn golden brown, then remove from the pan and drain well to remove the excess oil. Once the potato and onion mixture cool,.
- 2Add to the beaten and seasoned eggs and mix well.
- 3Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and add the egg/potato mixture, swirling slightly and cook over a low to moderate heat, until the bottom is quite firm and starts to brown.
- 4Turn the omelet over (place a large plate over the pan, hold the plate firmly in place and turn the whole lot over. Quickly slide the omelet back into the pan and continue cooking). And allow to cook on the other side. Remove from the pan and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortilla Española
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.6
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 279.0 mg
- Sodium 114.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 12.0 g