Recipe by Ceezie
In Spain “tortilla” refers to a thin omelet. Bagged precooked potatoes will work beautifully here. Source: Relish Mag
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cubed cooked potato, peeled
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon spanish paprika (smoked)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and potato and sauté 2 to 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, salt and pepper. Mix together with a spatula to cook the layers of egg; after 1 or 2 minutes let the bottom set. Scrape edge of egg mixture from edge of pan, pushing gently toward the middle, but not slicing through, so that you have a thick omelet coming together.
- Slide omelet onto a plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet.
- Invert plate over skillet to return omelet to pan, cooked side up. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until browned.
- Remove from pan, cool and serve, with Salsa Rosa on top.
- To prepare the Salsa Rosa, whisk all ingredients together and chill.