Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A perfect ending to Mexican meals. Your guests and family will be impressed, though this is very easy. Recipe from Kraft Cooking.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 medium flour tortillas
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Cool Whip (or other prepared dessert topping)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 cup fresh fruit
- Melt butter in a small microwavable bowl.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in another bowl.
- Brush both sides of tortillas with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Gently press tortillas into 6 custard cups to form cups, microwave 3 cups at a time on HIGH for 45 seconds.
- Let cool 5 minutes before removing from cups.
- Cups should be firm before removing from cup.
- Beat cream cheese, Cool Whip and sugar until blended.
- Stir in lime zest.
- Assemble by filling tortilla cups with filling and top with assorted fresh fruit.
Unfortunately, the cups did not keep their shape. We all thought the filling should have been made a day ahead of time so it could chill all together. Thank you for sharing this.
11/06/05 I made this for my family tonight, and they loved it. Thanks for the awesome recipe!!!
In addition: I believe the next time I make this dessert, I will put the filling in a crust and make it a whole pie. The filling is just a bit rich for the huge space a tortilla cup makes.