Recipe by Pneuma
An authentic tortilla of Spain and often served in tapas bars. Our traditional breakfast since I was a kid served with rice, bread and chorizos although served also as a light dinner.
Top Review by Leah's Kitchen
Liked the combination of potatoes and eggs. I added some fennel to it and garnished with sage and Parmesan cheese. I tried to cook it as an omelet but it didn't quite stay all together and my burner was a bit too hot. Tasted good! We had it for lunch, though it would be even better as a breakfast. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Made for ZWT5
- 7 fluid ounce extra virgin olive oil
- 680.38 g waxy potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the potatoes, onion and a little salt and fry over low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, to prevent sticking and browning.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Lift the potatoes and onions out of the pan with a slotted spoon and stir them into the beaten eggs, adding a little more salt and some pepper, Set aside to soak for 10 minutes, Pour off the oil, reserving 3 tablespoons
- Return 2 tbsp of the oil to the pan and heat until hot. Add the potato mixture, reduce the heat and cook gently for about 10 minutes, until it is golden underneath and almost set. Carefully flip the tortilla on to a large plate so the cooked side is on top. Add the remaining oil to the pan, ease the tortilla back in, and cook the second side for about 5 minutes.
- Take a slice and serve.