Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe from Men's Health.
- 1⁄2 lb extra lean ground beef or 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and mashed
- 2 green chili peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 2⁄3 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup grated low-fat monterey jack cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the beef, onion, and garlic until the beef is browned. Drain the fat.
- Stir in the beans, chile pepper, and chili powder, and cook until hot. Remove from the heat.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 20 seconds, then fill each tortilla with half the mixture. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese, and roll each tortilla tightly into a tube.
- Makes 4 servings. Calories per serving: 270; Protein: 21 g; Carbs: 32 g; Fat: 9 g; Saturated fat: 4 g; Sodium: 341 mg; Fiber: 6 g.