Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Spain; World Tour 8; spinach potato frittata; herbiovoracious blog was inspiration.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups red potatoes, cooked diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 10 ounces spinach, frozen, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- Fry potatoes in olive oil; do not brown.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Beat eggs, salt, pepper, paprika, and thawed spinach together.
- Pour mixture over potatoes.
- Cook until set on bottom.
- Take plate and put over pan; flip; put uncooked side back down into pan.
- Cook until set.
- Sprinkle with cheese and top with tomato.
Nice way to start my day! I did use fresh spinach which I cooked just before adding the eggs. I pan fried till set then placed under broiler to finish. No flipping.
Made for ZWT #8. Lively Lemon Lovelies
This was super good! We added some fresh green bell peppers from our garden, and would recommend adding 2 more eggs as well. We served it splashed with Texas Pete for some kick and it was great. The spinach in the dish was phenominal. We wound up with more of a 'scrambled skillet' as it was really too large to flip, but you could finish it off in the broiler as well. Thanks for a keeper recipe!
Followed instructions to a T. It came out perfect! Great light lunch.