Recipe by dianegrapegrower
I'm not fond of fish, but even I like this dish. Tilapia is mild, and the spicy crust is very appealing. I like to make the crumb crust in bulk and freeze in meal sized amounts. Then this becomes a super quick weeknight meal.
Top Review by Fluffy215
Very good, however I changed it up a bit LOL I am somewhat like Sandra Lee when it comes to cooking LOL I crushed Hint of Lime Tostitos, added southwest seasoning, and fresh cilantro. I still followed the egg dipping and baking temp/time and it was delicious.
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 6 corn tortillas, torn in pieces
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place tortilla pieces, pepper, lime juice, cilantro and spices in blender. Pulse until the mixture is uniform small crumbs. Spread on plate.
- Beat egg in shallow dish.
- Dip each fillet in egg, then in crumbs, patting crumbs to adhere. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake until fish flakes, about 15 minutes depending on thickness of fillets.