I'm not fond of fish, but even I like this dish. Tilapia is mild, and the spicy crust is very appealing. I like to make the crumb crust in bulk and freeze in meal sized amounts. Then this becomes a super quick weeknight meal.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place tortilla pieces, pepper, lime juice, cilantro and spices in blender. Pulse until the mixture is uniform small crumbs. Spread on plate.
- Beat egg in shallow dish.
- Dip each fillet in egg, then in crumbs, patting crumbs to adhere. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake until fish flakes, about 15 minutes depending on thickness of fillets.